Who Are You?
ARE YOU A TECHNICIAN OR AN ENTREPRENEUR?
- A technician is a specialist in the technical details of a subject or occupation.Typically, it is a person who has acquired a certain level of expertise and contacts and wants to be their own boss.
- Technicians getcaught up spending most of their time as the main worker performing the services their company delivers.
- Technicians arecontent to fill their time doing their expertise and relying on word of mouth to fill their sales funnel.
- Technicians are lone wolves and view selling, marketing, business development, accounting, legal, administration and management as expenses and chores that they look to avoid.
- Technicians prepare little, ignore risk, do little forecasting and planning and love to use their gut.
- Technicians believe in fate, believe in handshake deals, have broad undefined goals like getting rich and have no exit strategy for their business.
- Simply put, Technicians work in their business instead of on their business.
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."
- An entrepreneur is one who organizes, manages and assumes the risk of a business or enterprise. Typically, entrepreneurs have a vision for creating and growing businesses.
- Entrepreneurs are innovators who generate new ideas and business processes.
- Entrepreneurs are risk takers, but successful entrepreneurs use hard work and planning to minimize risks.
- Entrepreneurs establish goals, develop strategies, identify tactics to execute their strategies and execute their plans by leveraging the right resources to get the job done.
- Entrepreneurs are leaders who believe in planning, management and team building with colleagues and third parties, always striving for win-win relationships.
- Simply put, Entrepreneurs work on their business as much as in their business.
I ASK YOU AGAIN: ARE YOU A TECHNICIAN OR AN ENTREPRENEUR?